BUYBRITISH.com is a company formed by business people who are concerned about the state of British manufacturing today. Manufacturing is important to us because:
- We are patriotic and want to support our country and our fellow citizens.
- We are concerned about the the decline in this bedrock sector of the economy.
- We believe that manufacturing workers deserve decent wages and conditions, wherever they work.
- We are concerned about Britain’s growing balance of payments deficit, which is the third worst in the world
- We are concerned about the environmental cost of importing goods that can just as easily be produced in Britain. (CO2 emissions caused by shipping are DOUBLE Britain’s total emissions, and are larger than those of the aircraft industry).
- We are concerned about the quality and quantity of British jobs.
Our founder, Richard Harlow has been an Engineer in the manufacturing industry all his working life. He has seen first hand, the downward slide of this important industry. He has always done his best to buy British products whenever he can, but has found it increasingly difficult in recent years to do so.
He has established BUYBRITISH.com to make it easier for people to find and buy products made or grown in Britain. Having established the concept and the company, he brought in the required business and marketing skills in the form of two brothers, David and Peter Mawson, to help build and promote the concept.
Today, we are a group of business people who recognise a need: to encourage British consumers, businesses and the Government to buy British goods whenever possible.
To further that aim:
- We have created this website to enable British companies to promote themselves.
- We vet new applications for membership to ensure they score highly enough on our list of criteria to be counted as a British company.
- We educate people about the importance of buying products made or grown in this country.
- We work with like minded organisations to promote the message that it does make a difference if you choose to buy products made in Britain.
We want to bring customers and suppliers together for their mutual benefit, and for the benefit of the British economy, and the environment in general.
Support Britain - Buy British.